Agave parryi var. truncata is by far the most popular form being grown today and is the one pictured on page 544 in Gentry (1982). This has been grown at the Huntington Botanical Garden since he first brought the plant back from Mexico in June 1951. It was informally called the ‘Huntington’ form and was officially given a cultivar name in 2012. Agave parryi var. truncata ‘Huntington’ is distinguished by the short, blue-gray leaves, bluntly rounded at the tip, and measure 8-10 inches long by 5-6 inches wide (20-25 cm by 12-15 cm), very tightly upright in the upper half of the plant to upright-spreading in the lower half. The leaf edges are dotted with widely spaced, very small, brownish red to gray marginal teeth. The terminal spine is distinctly wavy, dark brownish red-black on new leaves, gray on older leaves, 1.25 inch (3 cm) long.