The definitive work on agaves for the garden. Among this book’s highlights you’ll find:
- The most exciting new species and hybrids
- More than 220 superb photos, many taken in native habitats
- How to distinguish similar species
- The latest cultural and taxonomic information
- How to grow agaves outside their native range
Species, cultivars, and hybrids best suited to gardens and landscapes are profiled in vivid detail. Each entry includes field notes as well as a detailed description of the plant and its cultural requirements. Because agaves can change dramatically as they age, photos show species from youth to maturity, a unique feature of this book. Distribution, taxonomy, and horticultural history complete the in-depth treatment.
Useful to specialists and to enthusiasts who are just beginning to explore the dazzlingly diverse world of agaves, this authoritative guide is sure to win converts to these amazing New World plants.